How to Service an Air Conditioner
How to Service an A/c Unit: Whether you’re beginning your ac unit for the first time this year, or a system isn’t running correctly as well as you need to service an a/c unit, adhering to a couple of simple steps can save you time and money. While some service tasks must be delegated an expert, there are several do-it-yourself fixes you can do to maintain your air conditioning unit cooling down all summer season long.
Clean the A/c Unit.
- Make sure the unit is shut off either at the on/off button and also disconnecting it or by shutting off the circuit breaker. Servicing the a/c while it’s attached to power might lead to electrocution.
- Check the little copper pipeline connecting the unit to your house. If it really feels warm, the unit’s coils are more than likely filthy and also require to be cleaned.
- Rake any kind of leaves as well as debris far from the unit prior to you start to service an a/c unit.
- Take the cover off the device, and find the a/c coils (they look like a car radiator).
- Utilize a soft brush to comb any dirt and also debris off the outside cover.
- Cover the electric motor and wiring with a plastic sheet.
- Hose down the fins, coils and within the system.
- Examine your owner’s guidebook. Some ac unit systems need the motor be lubed. Do this now while your device is open.
- Replace the system cover, as well as transform it on to see to it runs effectively.
The air conditioning system filter must additionally be replaced every few months. It is generally situated near the return duct by the furnace.
Check A/c Function.
- Beginning at the device control or thermostat. Transform the system on as well as make certain it kicks in as well as runs properly.
If the unit doesn’t run, call a service technician.
- Listen for any odd sounds while the system runs. If you listen to any squealing or knocking the device’s electric motor and belts might need lubricating or changing.  It’s finest to call a licensed professional to do these tasks.
- Inspect the room temperature in each of the residence’s spaces by lugging a hand held thermostat right into the room. Leave the thermometer in the room for a few minutes to offer it time to change and also make sure all the spaces are equivalent in temperature.
- See to it the temperature level of the areas concurs with the thermostat on your a/c unit system too. If they are not the very same, a technician can assist you detect and also correct the trouble.
- Seek water dripping or pooling anywhere by the air return or device outdoors.
Fix Pooling Water Issues.
- Check for leaks in the tubing where the water is merging. If there are any splits, holes or leaks the tube need to be changed.
- Locate the drain where the water condensation should be draining pipes right into. There should be a flooring drainpipe near the condensation pipeline found by the furnace/air conditioner central unit.
- Clean the drain of any debris if the water seems to be pooling on top of it.
- Pour water into the condensation drainpipe frying pan and also look for the condensation pump to start working. The pump must turn on and pump the water out as well as to the drainpipe.
If the pump does not remove the water, the drain pan is most likely overfilling as well as the pump will certainly require to be replaced by a specialist.